Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ethics and The Grinch

Some days my kids really impress me! When we first starting talking about Ethics and how to justify your position-it was hard for them. I would assign girls to be pro and the boys to be con, or vice versa. Then some of the kids started wanting to take on the challenge of defending the undefendable (hope I'm not creating future public defenders :). I love when they challenge themselves; when they don't necessarily take the easy way out. That's definitely encouraged in my classroom.

This was one of those assignments. Writing about the Grinch using ethics. And some of the kiddos stepped up and offered to defend how he was right. The big defense was-he showed everyone Christmas isn't about presents and decorations. I can't argue with that logic.



No comments :

Post a Comment