Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Frames

A treasured colleague of mine recently loaned me the Frames book that I remember from my original GT training, but I never really found a use for it. It's one of those things that when you go back and see it again with more experienced eyes, you can envision activities from it working with your kiddos.

My class used one of the activities in response to the Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane. They drew a picture of Edward in the middle, then around the outside we did Edward's Perspective, Unanswered ?'s, Ethics (they could choose any part of the story where something was right/wrong), and the Big Idea (which for this story is a doozy). Then I held my breath! We have a lot of experience with the icons, however, I've never asked them to combine them like this before. I loved the outcome-some of them even got the very deep Big Idea of the story.






No comments :

Post a Comment