Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Heart Art

So you know I'm a big fan of divergent art-where kids take a shape and imagine what they could turn it into. However, this year my kiddos didn't seem to be getting it. We had a little lesson plan debacle when they took leaves and made them into...you guessed it--leaves. :) I was a little hesitant to do this tried-and-true activity that I've had a lot of success with before. Apparently my emphatic instructions that I did not want a "heart" as an answer worked.

They will surprise you sometimes! I got a lot of different, very creative responses:

butterfly


whale

necklace

crab

mushroom (apparently a hairy mushroom...interesting :)

T.V.

we are in rodeo season :)


helicopter

dog

cupid (first of all-I love that she spelled cupid with a "Q" and secondly, look at the face of the boy getting shot with the arrow--is that priceless or what?!

bird

chocolate chip cookie

2 comments :

  1. Such creative responses this time:)
    I did something similar in my son's gifted class using a candy heart. At home I had just used 1 candy heart but in the classroom the students were allowed more than one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I like that idea even better. Have to keep that in mind for next year! :)

    ReplyDelete