Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Self-Portraits and Similes

I discovered this book a few years ago through the student book club I facilitate for:


It's a story about a very feisty little girl who loves to chase the chickens on their farm. It's chock full of some really great similes-so that's usually how I introduce them.

Because the illustrations are in a collage format, after reading the story the kids made a self-portrait collage and then wrote a sentence with a simile to describe themselves. I think some of them came out really cute!


I'm as fast as a cheetah.


I am as good and sweet as a butterfly.

I am good like a cherry.


I am smart as a Smartboard! :)



I am as smart as a giraffe.


I am as good as an angel.

I'm as quiet as a giraffe.


I am as loud as a pencil sharpener.

No comments :

Post a Comment