Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Very Hungry Scholar

We are beginning our unit on insects (one of my faves), so we read the required Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. We call our students "scholars"-that's a school-wide initiative this year. Scholars show up on time, do their best work, etc. Our goal is to always think like scholars.

So they wrote the "Very Hungry Scholar" and detailed a daily schedule of what topics they "devoured" like the caterpillar devoured his food. Then the last column was to show what they morphed into. I think this definitely reaches that sometimes elusive application level of an activity.



I love the examples of addition problems in the bubbles.


So ready for 1st Grade!




My future Diane Von Furstenberg.

I would learn about fleas, melting ice and animals. Become a learner.

I learned to walk like a scholar, eat, do my homework--all to become a teacher.

No comments :

Post a Comment