Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Perspective of an Object

Multiple Perspectives is a concept we use all year long. I think it's the easiest of the depth and complexity ideas for the little ones to comprehend. To make it a little more challenging, I used Sylvia Plath's poem "Mirror"-"I am silver and exact...I have no preconceptions", as their poem for the week. Very deep, I know, but once we discussed it, I think the kids really enjoyed the dialogue that seemed to be happening with this object.

Then I had them choose an object of their own to write about. I asked for a poem form, so some are not in complete sentences, some used them anyway-out of habit, I'm sure. The hardest part for them was coming up with the object itself-I love how creative they were in their choices.

This one was my favorite:

Ponytail-hairstyle: I am always getting messed up.....


Egg-I am colorful. I  have to have salt. I can be eaten.

Pencil-...I'm sad because my lead broke.


I'm happy because people are stepping on me. I see the plants grow.


If I were a backpack my life would be embarrassed being dragged on the floor all the time. :) (Who hasn't felt like that some days! )

No comments :

Post a Comment