Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Open-Ended Ladybugs


So last Thursday was Read for the Record-I know a lot of places participate in this activity. The book this year was Ladybug Girl and the Bug Squad. Our fabulous librarian organized some fun ladybug-related activities for the kiddos. She had paper plates, stick-on dots, chenille wands and googly eyes-my kids were on cloud 9. If you read my blog at all, you know I firmly believe in open-ended art projects-so I basically passed out the materials and said go to town. I would lose points for not modeling for them, but in these cases I think it's important not to just show them what to make. Part of it is selfish, I love to see what different ideas the kids come up with. Part of it is believing kids should have some opportunities to express their creativity.

Anyway, here are some of the ladybugs they came up with:
















1 comment :