Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

GT Frames for Mothers

So I'm an idiot and actually thought Mother's Day was this Sunday. Oops. So we started our activities a little bit early this year.

These frames are based on Kaplan's concepts of Depth and Complexity from the GT curriculum. The objective is for the kiddos to "frame" their knowledge of a subject in this case--moms. I asked them to write from the perspective of a mom --one boy wrote he would not like to be a mom because then he'd be a girl :), another said she'd need a lot of rest! The rules of being a mom-my favorite response: moms are always beautiful. Awwww. The Language of the Disciplines, what do moms always say-it's heart-warming to me that so many said "I love you" although one student did mention that moms can say bad words too. And the Big Idea of moms-they take care of kids seemed to be the overwhelming sentiment.

Please forgive the handwriting. Now that they have learned to write on lined paper when they revert back to unlined they seem to get very confused.





















5 comments :

  1. better early than late:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blatantly stole your idea today! Here is a link to our results! Thank you so much for sharing all of your wonderful lessons!
    http://blogs.neisd.net/teichh/2013/04/30/1st-grade-frames-their-moms/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love what they came up with! :) It just warms my heart all the nice things moms are known for! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my Mother's Day is fast approaching...guess I know what we are working on this week.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete