Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Shape Poems

We celebrate National Poetry Month in April several ways-the culmination of which is a Poetry Celebration where the kids dress up and read poems they have authored to their parents. I have always loved poetry! I have several journals, somewhere, that I started when I was in high school, just collecting poems. Some I even still know by heart!:)

In the classroom, I love how succint the vocabulary is. I also think it's good for listening comprehension and critical thinking skills. That being said, I think you can also have fun with them! We did shape poems and although my munchkins were a little thrown by not writing in straight lines-I was extremely impressed at the variety of things they decided to write about. I typically get like 10 rainbow poems-but this time around I have everything from fleas to soap to boots.



















3 comments :

  1. I enjoyed all the poems you shared
    You do such a great job working poems into your student's learning all year long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great. I bet the kids loved creating them.
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! Your kids are so clever.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete