Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Turkey Rigor

Thanksgiving is quickly approaching (thanks Captain Obvious, right!?)! We haven't had a day off since September 13th, so needless to say I think the students and teachers have started their countdowns. :)

So as I plan for the upcoming weeks, I thought I'd share my ideas for spicing up those Thanksgiving activities with a little bit of rigor, it was actually harder than I thought it would be to come up with ideas:

1) New uses for pilgrim hats or cornucopias.
2) Rules for being a turkey (and not turkey on the dinner table turkey, but we learn about wild turkeys).
3) Critical thinking questions: What would have happened if the Pilgrims had not made the voyage over? Would Native American culture be different? Our culture?
4) Compare the perspectives of a house and a tipi.
5) Changes over time-comparing a pilgrim or Native American child to themselves today







No comments :

Post a Comment