Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2015

My Winter Vacation

Like many others, I had a huge to-do list for this "break". I had cleaning and organizing to do. I had lesson plans and report cards. I was supposed to record all these stories for my listening stations.

Let's just say that I'm going to be very busy on our last day off tomorrow! :) I did not get very many of those things done.

What did I accomplish?

I read a few books for my student book club. I'm still sooooo far behind! I have to highlight anything quotable for the kids to study for their competition-it's so time-consuming. 

I went to the library today and checked out some for my lessons next week. I'm supposed to be doing fairy tales, but somehow ended up with all these penguin books!

I read my first book for myself this year. It's:


A memoir about a boy growing up as a book lover who also has Tourette's. The style it was written in got a little stale around the middle, but overall I really liked it. He is a very literate person from a very young age. He was a huge Stephen King fan (which I was as well) the difference was his mom questioned whether or not those books were appropriate for him to read-my mom bought them for me! :)

I also caught up a bit on my Netflix. I am a huge movie buff and they have actually told me I can't fit anymore movies into my queue because they have a 500 movie limit. I feel like I am not even putting a dent in that. But I did watch:


I didn't watch it on tv because I think it's kind of dumb to make tv shows from movies-especially award-winning movies. But I LOVED it! I could hardly wait for the next discs to arrive to finish it.

I also did things like update my digital portfolios and make new reading workstations. But overall, I really tried to do more relaxing things over this break. The anxiety of returning next week is already setting in. I will get observed for my eval the week we return, which I guess is better than the last week before school ended! :)

Hope everyone else is did better crossing of their to-do list than I did! Enjoy comign back to the classroom!








2 comments :

  1. I did well on my list since about all that was on it was to read. I'm glad you took time to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to cram in a bunch of things too but ignored school. Today is going to be very very busy.
    Loved Fargo!
    Grade ONEderful
    Barbara Leyne Designs

    ReplyDelete