Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Appreciation Week

The time of year is coming up where many schools have not only Teacher Appreciation, but Nurse Appreciation and Secretaries' Day, etc. Probably 7-8 years ago our Sunshine Committee started a tradition of doing some sort of decoration for the doors of all the staff. That committee has since dissolved, but I think it's a worthwhile tradition. So I have my Student Council members make and deliver them to continue the custom. I had a hard time coming up with something creative this year, because I feel like we've done everything already. But our mascot is the bears-so this is what the kiddos are making to hang on their doors this year. They are decorating the bag to kind of look like the teacher and then writing a note of appreciation on the back. It's quite an undertaking because I actually only have 5 members in Student Council this year and we have to make 65 to ensure everyone on the staff has one, so my students might end up having to do a few themselves, I don't think they will mind.







This last one is mine. I don't put my name on the list for them to make, but one of the students took it upon herself to do that this year. Isn't this just the most thoughtful message!!!!

We had an aide who retired last year and told me that she kept every single one of the door decorations that they had made-it meant a lot to her. Every once in a while I'll walk into a teacher's room and see theirs from the past years hanging up. And the kids love to make things for their teachers. 


2 comments :

  1. That's very sweet and thoughtful. I love the note for you. At least 50 people... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right?! I can be happy now-50 people love me! :)

    ReplyDelete