Pages

Monday, September 28, 2015

Grandfather Gandhi

So for the past few years we have had a few more students attend our school with an Indian heritage. I like my students to be able to find themselves on our library shelves so I have been on the lookout for books that either have Indian children as characters or are about their traditions. I found a book I  really thought was beautiful. It's called:


It's a little long for a read-aloud, especially with little ones, but I LOVE the message. The message is that everyone gets angry, it's all about channeling that anger into something effective. The book uses the metaphor of electricity. Lightning ranting and raving can be dangerous, but it can also be harnessed into electricity and be useful. I also thought the illustrations were breathtaking. Definitely two thumbs up! :)



No comments :

Post a Comment