Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2015

I've Actually Been Reading....

Can you believe it?! I was slacking off a bit when school started back up again and I still feel like there are about 1,000 other things I should be doing-- but I have read a few good books recently. I'm going to write about these 2 because I think they are books I feel like others might enjoy as well.


A story about a very precocious 2nd grader with a very eccentric grandmother. After I read the book, I read the reviews people gave it and many were put off by the fact that they couldn't tell what was real and what was part of the girl's fantasy world. I couldn't tell either, but it really didn't bother me enough to dislike the book because of it. I listened to the audiobook and would be in the middle of the grocery store laughing out loud at parts of the story. It's funny and poignant all in one.



Reminiscent of The Fault in the Stars a bit, but still I think an interesting read. Madeline has a rare disease that affects her immune system so she has never left her house. She falls in love with the boy next door and takes some risks in the name of love. I read this book in 2 days which is really rare for me-I usually read pretty slowly.



Not at all what I expected. It's a mystery, yes, but the action mostly surrounds a bachelorette party (a Hen Party as they apparently call it in Britian). Not nearly as scary as the cover would have you believe. I did like the twist in the end, but I admit I did see it coming.



1 comment :

  1. My reading has slowed WAY down. I've been way busier than I'd like to be. I need to find my book mojo again soon! Thanks for the recommendations. I enjoy hearing what you're reading.

    ReplyDelete