Pages

Friday, November 20, 2015

Thanksgiving Community Service

A big focus for us throughout the year is on community service. I think it's important to help develop those empathy skills and it's easy because little ones are very good at making cute things! :)

We made Thanksgiving placemats. We will give half to a local nursing home that we have adopted this year and the other half will be delivered to Meals on Wheels recipients.

I very much believe in open-ended products. I'm not one to cut out the pieces and then tell the kids where to paste them. So I demonstrated how to cut out squares and suggested maybe a pattern around the frame, asked them to draw something Thanksgiving-y in the middle. They really enjoyed making them and put a lot of love into these simple placemats. (P.S. I took the pics before I laminated them).















(for some reason this one reminded me of Where the Wild Things Are :)






4 comments :

  1. I've been borrowing this idea from you for a few years and using it for RACK during December. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I think doing RACK in December is an awesome idea.

      Delete