Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Fun With Adages

My class has a favorite adage: that's the pot calling the kettle black. They use it all the time particularly when someone is telling on a student for something they did themselves. Like when they get out of their seat to come tell me Johnny is out of his seat. One day a student asked me if there were more sayings like that-so it's something I'm going to start incorporating into our lessons. I found some picture cards at Lakeshore that illustrate the sayings which I can utilize in workstations as well.

So as a kind of pre-test activity, I asked the kids to fill in the rest of some common sayings. Their answers made me smile. In the next few weeks, I will teach them how they really end, but I actually like some of the ones they came up with. The consensus by the way is that you shouldn't count your chickens until night time. :)

Don't count your chickens until they "bawk"
Every cloud has an angel.






to flip


Beauty is in the eye of love.
Don't count your chickens until when they eat.








3 comments :

  1. Oh my. Those are so funny and clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they?! I laughed out loud reading through some of them. Thank you Tammy for always stopping by and commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't they?! I laughed out loud reading through some of them. Thank you Tammy for always stopping by and commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete