Pages

Friday, March 18, 2016

An Egg is Quiet

I really try to mix non-fiction stories into our daily read-alouds. The kids loving new facts and I know it's good to expose them to non-fiction text because that's what they will see in future testing, not to mention when they read the news as an adult. I went to the library to look for this book and found several more that I think my kiddos are going to love.

The one I was familiar with is:

       

                                                  It profiles all different kinds of eggs and the attributes of each. I actually never really thought about all the varieties there are before I read this book. It's a little wordy for Kinders-I generally skip around a little bit, but I think it's very informative and engaging.

So we are actually talking about plants and seeds in science-so this one was a great find!


Same thing but profiling different kinds of nests animals build and the materials they build them from.


My students are obsessed with finding "fossils" at recess (I don't have the heart to tell them they are just rocks :). But they are going to love learning all about different kinds of rocks and minerals.

My library probably hates me because I have put so many books on hold this week-but oh well! That's what they are there for right? 


1 comment :

  1. Indian clay is a big discovery at my school. Yep, that's just sand friends. :)

    ReplyDelete