Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Ways to Get Dads Involved

Being Father's Day and all I was thinking about ways we can get our students' Dads involved in our classroom activities. I think Dads are often a little more hesitant to get involved-I'm not sure why that is. But I make a conscious effort to change that.

1) We do Mystery Readers every Friday and at Open House I specifically address both Moms and Dads, encouraging them to come.

2) We have a special Dad's Rock Celebration where our fathers are served breakfast by their kiddos and they read poems they wrote about them.

3) We take a lot of field trips-but we go one that I think dads will specifically enjoy. We tour the local baseball park. It's a place many have gone to see a game, but have never been behind the scenes-in the dugout, in the VIP section, the pressbox. Many of our chaperones end up being dads.


What ways do you encourage your Dads to participate in the classroom?




2 comments :

  1. You've done well to get your dads included. I've heard of Donuts with Dad, although I've never done it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I could do better but yes, I'm trying. :)

    ReplyDelete