Pages

Monday, September 5, 2016

Inventing a New School Supply

So the top rung of Bloom's Taxonomy now reads "Create". Inventing something new is considered to be one of the highest level thinking skills and I can see why. It's very difficult to get my Kinder students to the point where they can think outside that box and invent something new. I start with school supplies because let's face it, that's something we all know a lot about in the beginning of the school year. We make a list of current school supplies that are needed for school and then talk about how we might improve one of them. What could a pencil do that would make our life easier-shoot out snacks?Write by itself? And then I let the kiddos loose to come up with their own ideas. This is really the first time I'm asking them to think at that highest level, the more you do these kinds of activities the more creative they become. :)















1 comment :