Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2016

The Important Book

I read my students the Important Book:


It talks about the important thing about objects. The important part of a spoon is that you eat with it. The important part of a daisy is that it's white. I think it's sometimes hard to define what makes something important.

I asked students to then consider what an important part of themselves was, what made them different from other kids. I took the pics this time, if we were further along in the year I would have let them take pictures of one another, but I wanted to make sure they were getting pictures of what they wanted to write about. Here's what they came up with.





















2 comments :

  1. They did a great job, and look at them writing like rock stars already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do see some growth already. We are having a hard time bridging that letter/sound connection so they can sound out their words. But I know that will come in time.

    ReplyDelete