Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2017

A Hole is to Dig

I discovered this book illustrated by Maurice Sendak (love him!!!).


I think this book is just brilliant. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to define what something means. This book does just that. "Arms are for hugging", "cats are for having kittens". So I read to them from this book and as part of our Writer's Workshop, I asked the students to choose something they wanted to write about and what that thing was for. I love activities like this that seem very simple, but it actually takes some thought. You have to decide what you want to write about and then what you want to write. I think some of them came up with very creative ideas!




One of my favorites!


Awwww, right?!




(buddies are stuffed animals they read to in class)




Aren't they though? :)







1 comment :