Pages

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Our First Divergent Art Activity

One of the goals I have for my students in the short time we are together is to help them learn how to be more creative. I truly believe that through activities where we stretch our thinking and invent we can foster innovation in our students and their responses.

I need to assess where we are when we begin the year. I do this by giving them a line and asking them to turn that line into something. I demonstrate for them with a circle-what could we make this into? And we come up with ideas of what to make-a snowman, a face, a tire. Then I give them their squiggle encouraging them to try to come up with something different from the other students.

Here is our first one this year:



a hill



















No comments :

Post a Comment